2.5 Hour Certification Prep Clinics
- $90 per dog/one human handler (one guest is permitted to observe only)
- Audit without a dog for $65 per person
Learn what it takes to be a great therapy dog team from the certification experts at Therapy Dogs of Vermont. Clinics are offered throughout the year, in some counties on a monthly basis in several Vermont locations. Click here for the current schedule.
This two- and-a-half-hour clinic is for anyone wanting to know how they can prepare for TDV certification.
The clinic is a preparatory class for certification; it does not replace the test or any part of the certification process. Anyone seeking therapy dog certification must undergo the certification process (see the “Become a TDV Team” tab on our website). At the clinic, you will:
- Experience the TDV test with their dog (with instruction about what we are looking for and why).
- Receive advice and hands-on training related to therapy dog work.
- Learn how to understand dog body language in the context of therapy dog work and gain some tools for building a confident working dog.