This two-and-a-half hour clinic is for anyone wanting to know how to prepare for TDV certification. Participants will experience the full TDV test in the first hour of the clinic (with blow-by-blow description of what we’re looking for, what we fail for, and why we do each part of the test). The second part will involve advice and hands-on training related to therapy dog work. There will also be time for questions.
- Dogs over the age of 6 months (younger dogs taken on instructor approval).
- Each registrant may only bring one dog and one additional person.
- All registrants and guests must be 14 or older and able to control the dog.
- At the time of the clinic, your dog must be current on rabies vaccination and free of all internal and external parasites and in good health. Dogs must be healthy and free of contagious conditions.
- Cancellation policy: If you cancel less than 3 days prior to the clinic or do not appear at the clinic, your fee may not be refunded.
- Owners are responsible for any and all damage incurred by their dogs to other dogs, people, and/or property.
- In case of inclement weather or other emergencies, TDV will notify each class participant via e-mail and phone message.
- Closed-toed shoes are recommended for safety and stability.
- Participation in the clinic will not guarantee certification (and clinic participation does not satisfy the testing requirement). Candidates must still go through the entire testing and certification process, and submit all required forms and fees.
- Clinic attendees are encouraged to review TDV’s certification policies online to understand all restrictions [see pages 5+].
- Photography/videography is not permitted.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash and be under control at all times both inside the building and on the grounds. (While it is understood that teams may be coming with a variety of obedience skill levels, owners should be able to hold onto their dogs and keep them from being disruptive at the class.).
- The instructor reserves the right to dismiss any team at any time, without refund, if the team is overly disruptive to the class or places anyone in an unsafe situation.
- Aggressive or reactive dogs are not appropriate for this program; the instructor reserves the right to dismiss any team at any time, without refund.